I’m available for a whole range of tree related stuff, including:
Do you think trees would make great TV and Radio? I do! Watch and listen:
- A TV pilot about street trees I presented for Northern Town productions.
- A tour of Chiswick’s Trees for Chiswick Calendar.
- An introduction to London’s Plane Trees with The Londonist
- Podcast for the RHS discussing the past, present and future of street trees (starts around 14:00).
- An interview with Robert Elms on BBC Radio London.
I have led urban tree walks in London, Sheffield, Dublin and Philadelphia for groups between 10 and 30 people lasting between 1 and 3 hours. I have worked with:
- Museum of Walking
- London Wildlife Trust
- Architectural Association
- Two Temple Place
- Salon London
- London Borough of Hackney
- Daunt Books
- Team London Bridge
- Better Bankside
- University College, Dublin
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Sheffield Street Tree Festival
- Woodland Trust
- Deptford Folk
- London Festival of Architecture
- Urban Tree Festival
- The RHS
Walks can be tailored for special interest groups or to specific areas. I’m happy to discuss and advise.
“Brilliant way of looking at the neighbourhood differently. Paul’s amazing knowledge about street trees kept a group ranging from primary school students to pensioners entertained and fascinated.”
– Nicola Baird from Islington Faces
Let me introduce you to urban trees.
I have delivered keynotes for general and specialist audiences about street trees, cities, social history and the urban environment. I have worked with:
- Street Trees for Living
- De Beauvoir Gardeners
- Quaggy Waterways Action Group
- London National Park City
- London Wildlife Festival
- Tottenham Trees
- The Conservation Foundation
I have provided consultancy services developing events, conferences and seminars. Here’s a summary of the ‘Trees and Technology’ event I organised with the Woodland Trust for London Tree Week 2017.
I have a significant image library of street trees available for licensing and am able to accept commissions to shoot urban trees, open spaces and architecture.
Writing and journalism
As well as writing the first book on London’s Street Trees, I have written for a range of magazines and websites including The London Magazine, Time Out and the Londonist about many topics including street trees, technology, urban nature, art and culture.
Please get in touch using the contact form below: